Our teacher, Mieke Dahlem
Mieke has been teaching at the Ypsilanti Cooperative Preschool since 2005 and has been teaching since 2000. In addition to her degrees in early education, she completed her Montessori training in 2012. Ms. Mieke blends her life-long love of learning with her humor, creativity, and compassion to build a unique learning community for students as well as parents.
Ms. Mieke’s Teaching Philosophy
- Expectations go a long way!
- Treat each child as the individual they are.
- Look for the good in every child.
- Patience really is a virtue!
- Teach children to solve problems on their own.
- Children have a lot to teach.
- Delight in the small things.